Wednesday, February 26, 2014

บุญรัตน์ (ติ่มซำ) (Boon Rat)


I recently visited a Dim Sum restaurant in Phuket Town - as a late breakfast after my pop into Phuketique for a quick coffee - and we found that we did not know where to go - so we wipped out our Apps and our devices and...

So we asked a local where to go and were directed here - บญรตน ตมซำ - Boon Rat.

This was certainly a popular place for Dim Sum at about 10 am and after investigating a little further they do not keep open much later than 10 am or when the food runs out - they do open at 5:30 am.



Dim Sum refers to a style of Cantonese food prepared as small bite-sized or individual portions of food traditionally served in small steamer baskets or on small plates. Dim sum is also well known for the unique way it is served in some restaurants, whereby fully cooked and ready-to-serve dim sum dishes are carted around the restaurant for customers to choose their orders while seated at their tables. (wikipedia)



Dim Sum is not always a first choice for me and I was happy that I was taken here - although it is not for everyone!



There was an enormous choice and I really did not know where to start and there certainly was nothing on the wall to assist us in choosing what to eat - well never mind.



What I ate I enjoyed but there was some which I did not feel brave enough to try!



Then there was the greeting that we got from the people - from this small place in Phuket Town we did get the impression that they did not get many tourists in there - maybe they will...



But as I look at the name and location of the restaurant I am not so sure that I have the name right but the location is. On writing this post I did find out that there were three branches of this particular Dim Sum Restaurant and here is a full menu with pictures.

 


Email: boonratdimsum@hotmail.com  
Facebook:  
Phone Number:  076 212 034
Approximate price: $$$$$ 
Address: 26/41 Bangkok Rd, Phuket Town
Hours: 5:30 - 10:00



View timinphuket - restaurants and coffee shops in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment