Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Joob Joob - Central Festival




After a shop which involved lots of bits and pieces Chuen and I retired to have lunch at Zen in Central Festival. As we wandered through the building we noticed that there was a new outlet - Joob Joob.

This seemed to be wonderful - the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the plethora of little cakes was wonderful.

Approaching the counter made me even more demanding - not one cake but two cakes, the choice was almost impossible.



I chose my two cakes and asked for a cappuccino to go with the two cakes.


It was immediately clear that the cakes were cooked freshly (later I noticed that there was an oven on the premises). The coffee was smooth with only a slight bitter taste (with no sugar added). Chuen went shopping whilst I sat here - lovely.

So why Joob Joob? Apparently Joob Joob is Thai for a small kiss - a 'peck on the cheek' I am led to believe but whatever it is it does make a name that you remember.

I do wonder why people sit in chairs provided by a Cafe but purchase nothing? (if you need Internet I was able to pick up Wine Connection - ssshhh.)


  
Approximate price: $$$$$ 
Address: Central Festival, outside Phuket Town
Hours:  10:30 - 22:00

View tim in phuket - shopping in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment