Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kopitiam



Kopitiam is a restaurant that was introduced to me by Jamie - he also writes a blog about Phuket and this is a restaurant that he frequents quite regularly.




The Kopitiam is a special little place in Phuket Town. The decor and pictures that are on the walls all reflect the history of Phuket Old Town - a popular decorative tool in Phuket Old Town at the moment.




I even found a photograph of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival on my birthday - does this have significance to me? - quite strange in my opinion.




The food is simple Thai food and it it served in a very friendly environment. The restaurant is almost retro in design and is not that old but it looks like maybe - it is actually managed by the family of Guan Choon Toong Traditional Herb Shop around the corner. I am also led to believe that there is a corridor from here to the Shrine of the Serene Light on the other side. Like i46 the coffee shop there is a lot more here than first meets the eye.




The clientele seem to be all staying in the accommodation in Phuket Town OR have they visited it specifically for this restaurant. 



The food is simple and quickly prepared and it is tasty - we ate it all so quickly I cannot remember what we had. I also found a food blog / critic review of here... but i forgot what it was - here's a picture. Sam (a food critic) also visited here.


Oh and the beer was cold - we will return.



 

Approximate Price: $$$$$
Address: 18 Thalang Road, Phuket Old Town
Hours: 11:00 - 22:00 closed Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment