Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sawasdee - Cape Panwa


An old favourite for many opened last night after having a refit - Sawasdee at the Cape Panwa.  It is facing the promenade and in the distance you can see Big Buddah.


There was much commotion as I was promised by Dow (the lady who runs it) that there was to be a show that same evening.  I took some photos, changed and grabbed Russell from the Sunset Bar to join me - after having a cold one at his place of course.

Not being hungry I had an ice cold beer and some Spring rolls - very nice but there is a comprehensive menu to choose from. The deep fried fish looked good I have to admit.

Then the musicians arrived - a violin, a drum and something else.  Seven elegantly adorned dancing ladies then danced with their backs to the restaurant - a little odd I thought. Then they turned around - the music was not what I was familiar with.

I found out from the Sudarat at the Kantary Bay that it was dancing to very old style Sea Gypsy music.  Then one of the young dancing ladies was ushered to dance in front of one of the audience - and money was exchanged - this was also traditional.

An entertaining evening for us all - Good Luck Dow; your restaurant looks lovely.

        
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment