Sunday, July 7, 2013

China Inn



When I revisit a restaurant I see things that I did not see previously. I found an introduction to the 'China Inn' in the front of the menu.


The history of 'China Inn' or rather 'The House on 20 Thalang Road' dates back to the early 1900.

Chinese settlers built the house in a distinctive style that they brought from 'Malacca' known as 'Sino-Portuguese'. The house front door is testimony to this style, much like the 'Five Feet' way.

Central to this style is the joining of the row houses of Thalang Road.

The position of the water well and the open garden also confirms to the fundamental principles of Feng Shui.

The house was not always like this  - it was restored whilst relying on the local art aficionado and her companion. It took 2 and a half years for them to restore the natural beauty in the way that it was - opening on October 14 2004.

The location was great and the ambiance was exquisite - the food was served to perfection but there was not the perfection that we had experienced previously.



The pomelo salad was very good and was clearly fresh but the other two dishes - which I do not recollect were quite ordinary. Maybe I was expecting too much?




For visitors to Phuket I would certainly advise coming here for lunch - I can only hope that it stays at the same high quality that I now expect.

     

Previous Posts
 1) May 2012

Website: n/a
Email: n/a
Phone Number: 076 356 239
Approximate price: $$$$$ 
Address: 20 Thalang Road, T.Talad Yai, A.Muang, Phuket 83000
Hours: Monday - Wednesday 11:00 - 18:00 
          Thursday - Saturday 11:00 - 23:00
          Closed on Sunday 



6 comments: